The Hiking French Federation is recognized as a public utility, member of the National Olympic and Sports Committee, delegate of the Ministry of Sports for hiking activities. The CDRP 91 (Departmental Committee of Hiking of Essonne) is an association governed by the law of 1901 which supervises and assists Essonne hiking associations and organizes its own development and promotion actions.
- Develop the practice of hiking, that is to say:
--- Encourage the practice of walking by a wider motivated audience
--- Actively participate in club life and promotion in Essonne
--- Organize annually thematic events gathering licensees and the general public
--- Arrange routes by creating, maintaining, marking and securing the department hiking trails
--- Train animators, markers and association leaders by paying a large part of the training cost and by participating in the federal formations definition and evolution
--- Affirm the benefits of walking and hiking in public health actions;
- Contribute to the protection of environment by raising Essonne hikers awareness;
- Promote the discovery of heritage and natural spaces of Essonne;
- Promote social cohesion and fight isolation;
- Be the spokesperson of hiking with departmental public authorities.
All year round.